Mobile Accessibility is an Android screen reader and accessibility solution for phones and tablets.
Mobile Accessibility for Android is two products in one:
- An Android screen reader which allows you to get out of the suite and navigate the standard interface of your phone.
- A suite of 12 accessible applications (Phone, Contacts, SMS, Alarm, Calendar, Email, Web, Where am I, Apps, Settings, Notes and Explorer) which all have a simplified interface whose textual information is spoken using Nuance Vocalizer voice synthesis. You can also connect your Braille display if you prefer Braille output.
- Touch navigation: You can use Mobile Accessibility with your device’s touchscreen. Simply move your finger around the screen and the voice synthesis will read the text located under it. You can also swipe and tap on the screen to navigate through the interface.
- Easy to input text: Mobile Accessibility makes it easy for you to write text. Whether you’re inside or outside the Mobile Accessibility suite, you can use the touch QWERTY keyboard as well as speech recognition to write text quickly and easily.
- Voice synthesis: Mobile Accessibility comes with Nuance Vocalizer but supports any voice installed on the device.
- Mobile Accessibility features advanced Braille support: logically assigned Braille commands provide uniform functionality across supported Braille devices.